大学出愿--------如何准备一封优秀的英文推荐信

[复制链接]

主题

帖子

积分

注册会员

积分
发表于 2015-5-10 16:00:00 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
随着日本各个大学即将出愿,有些大学需要同学们提交英文推荐信。如果同学们想应付了事,网上的推荐信模板也很多,完全可以应付。但是对于真正想考名牌大学的同学们,每一个环节都不容忽视。精心准备一封推荐信,是各位学生自己和为他写推荐信的老师的一个课题。今天告诉大家如何写一封优秀的推荐信。
                                          优秀推荐信的特点
1. 独特性和特别之处
要有给人深刻印象,将你和其他学生区别开来的特点。曾经有位学生,老师的推荐信描述她性格温和,不善言辞,属于那种看上去很容易被人忽视的学生。但有一次课堂上做阅读练习,同学们纷纷就文章内容提问讨论。这位寡言少语的同学却提出一个很有深度的问题,让人惊讶她看问题角度的独特。“我第一次察觉,这不仅仅是一名勤奋的学生,她还有着探索精神,有着独立和创新思考的能力。”这位学生后来被几所理想的大学同时录取。我想这封推荐信起到了一定的作用。虽然老师说的是一件简单的事情,但写出了学生与众不同之处,录取官不禁会产生对这个学生的好奇和兴趣,相信她勤于思考和探索的特质一定会为学校带来价值。
2. 要有事实和细节,避免空洞的话语
很多人在写推荐信的时候,都喜欢用到“能力很强”之类的话语,但是没有细节,没有具体的事例,这样的推荐信是没有说服力的。细节很重要,关系到这封推荐信的成败。高度概括的各种优点其实等于零。比如说这个人很有领导力,那你可以写写他/她是怎么样去策划一个活动,怎么样去组织一帮人去实现这个活动的。事实胜于雄辩,如果没有具体的细节,你描述的再多品质也是收效甚微。
3.要客观和中立
千万不要过分吹嘘和夸张。不足的地方坦承不足,不要掩盖和脱离事实。突出优点,缺点可以一笔带过。例如,一位学生成绩平平常常,但推荐信中强调他“创造性强,通过自学掌握计算机编程,独立设计多种软件。”还展示了他设计的网页及得到的好评。最后他被名牌大学录取。
4. 要有激情
前面几点谈到优秀推荐信要写出学生的特点,要有细节、要客观中立等,这些都是一封最佳推荐信的前提和基础。但是一封真正有激情的,能体现出对学生的喜爱、赞赏之情的推荐信才会更有感染力,更能打动录取官员。

优秀推荐信可以从以下几个方面着手
♦ 推荐人和被推荐人是怎么认识的?你们之间关系的一些背景?如果不是很了解被推荐人或者仅仅能写出一个大概的评价,也不要去掩饰,坦然承认。
♦  这个学生是否表现出探索知识和超越常规课堂体验的愿望。
♦  申请人是否有不同寻常的竞争力、才能和领导能力?
♦  这个学生的学习动力是什么?什么在激励着他/她?
♦  这个学生和老师之间的交往如何?和同学相处怎样?要描述学生的个性和交际能力。
♦  关于这个学生,你印象最深的是什么?
♦    针对学生想申请的学校,作为推荐人,为什么认为学生适合这所学校?他/她会怎样融入学校的各种社团以及会从大学的经历得到怎样的成长?
♦  这个申请人是否经历过挫折和失败?如果是的话,那他/她是如何应对的?
♦  是否有一些关于这个学生不同寻常的家庭和社会环境因素需要说明的?

优秀学部入学推荐信鉴赏一

To Whom It May Concern:
I have had the distinct pleasure of having xxxas a student in mydebate classes and on my debate team for three years at XXXHigh School.
xxx has been more than the ideal student. In order to achievethe highest grades and my deepest respect, she has demonstrated outstandingleadership and maintained a clear sense of purpose.
The academics at xxx HIGH SCHOOL are most challenging, and xxx fulfilled all the requirements with the added challenge ofhonors and advanced courses. xxx isan outstanding extemporaneous speaker and debater. She has won many awards onthe speech and debate circuits, and qualified for national tournaments. Successin these interscholastic activities requires extensive research and persuasiveskills..
Due to its nature of metro, state, and nationalinterscholastic competition, the successful high school forensics studentserves by not only representing his or her school but also by representing hisor her community as well. One of the requirements in my class is to prepare lectures and guidance for the beginners. With xxx' s superior knowledge and involvement in the politicalsciences, she developed a strong sense of confidence with a charming attitude.Therefore, I could always depend on her to set the best example as aninstructor. Because of her natural leadership abilities, xxx was selected as our Debate Captain. On account of her matureapproach to her responsibilities, I often thought of xxx as a colleague.
Respectfully submitted,

优秀学部入学推荐信鉴赏二

To Whom It May Concern:
I am very pleased to write this recommendation on behalf of xxx.
xxx has been a student in the accelerated liberalarts program at xxx high school. During that period I haveobserved her grow into a poised and accomplished young woman. She is anexceptional student with excellent grades resulting from diligent work habits.
xxx has superior interpersonal skills and worksequally well independently or in a group setting. She also displays goodleadership skills when involved in group projects. She is very well liked andrespected by both her peers and her teachers.
Among her many service activities at the school, xxxwas a coach of the junior track team for the past two years and she was amember of the senior cross-country team. She also took part in the MentoringProgram and helped a number of juniors navigate their way through their first year of high school. In addition, xxxwas involved in organizing a number of fund-raising projects at the school,including a team marathon event that raised more than $5,000 for cancerresearch.
xxx has shown an ongoing interest in world affairsand international development. It is my understanding that she intends topursue an Honors degree in Political Science or Sociology. She has traveledextensively and has written outstanding reports with observations on conditionsshe has witnessed throughout the world.
I believe that xxx has tremendous potential as a student and Ifeel quite confident that she would be an asset to both student life andacademics at xxx University.
Yours truly,

优秀大学院入学推荐信鉴赏

To Whom It May Concern:
As the Dean of XXX College, I have had the pleasure of knowing XXX for the last four years. She has been a tremendous student andan asset to our school. I would like to take this opportunity to recommend xxx for your graduate program.
I feel confident that she will continue tosucceed in her studies. xxx isa dedicated student and thus far her grades have been exemplary. In class, shehas proven to be a take-charge person who is able to successfully develop plansand implement them.
xxx has also assisted us in our admissions office.She has successfully demonstrated leadership ability by counseling new andprospective students. Her advice has been a great help to these students, manyof whom have taken time to share their comments with me regarding her pleasantand encouraging attitude.
It is for these reasons that I offer highrecommendations for xxxwithout reservation. Her drive and abilities will truly be an asset to yourestablishment. If you have any questions regarding this recommendation, pleasedo not hesitate to contact me.
Sincerely.
安全提示

1、本文为网友发布内容,本站不对其真实性负责,一切后果由发布人承担,与本站无关!

2、如网友所发内容侵犯您个人或您所在企业的合法权益,请与本站客服联系处理

3、请对任何金钱交易和索要个人隐私的信息保持警惕态度!

回复

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

积分

高级会员

积分
发表于 2015-5-10 18:21:00 | 显示全部楼层
沙发
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

积分

中级会员

积分
发表于 2015-5-10 18:39:00 | 显示全部楼层
于是大家都用了这个模版
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

积分

中级会员

积分
发表于 2015-5-10 19:18:00 | 显示全部楼层
已收藏,希望提供更多模板
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

积分

新手上路

积分
发表于 2015-5-10 19:51:00 | 显示全部楼层
请问是所有大学都要推荐信吗?
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

积分

新手上路

积分
发表于 2015-5-21 01:00:00 | 显示全部楼层
请问推荐信提交的流程是怎样的呀?打印出来老师签名+盖章 还是在网上提交并留下老师的联系方式啊?
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

积分

注册会员

积分
发表于 2018-8-21 08:05:00 | 显示全部楼层

回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

QQ|留学移民网

GMT+8, 2024-6-7 17:45 , Processed in 0.017826 second(s), 13 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.